The first MBA program in Hong Kong offering an entrepreneurship concentration.
Different from typical academic trainings, our entrepreneurship training mainly focuses on actual practice taught by experienced market practitioners. Click here for list of entrepreneurship courses at CUHK MBA.
Real Project, Real Money
The course “Applied Entrepreneurship – Remodeling and Fundraising” is highly practical and emphasizes several major topics related to executing a business opportunity and securing required financial resources. Students will work on real global ventures and make investment presentations to a group of 15 – 30 senior executives, angels and VCs registered in PAVD at the end of the course.
- PAVD sources existing ventures globally from China, European Union, Hong Kong, Israel, Malaysia, Peru, Singapore, Taiwan, US and …
- Preference will be given to those quality ventures that may have issues in raising fund
Students and Entrepreneurs
- Students: Understand the strengths and weaknesses (including carry limited due diligence) of those ventures
- Entrepreneurs: Share their start up experiences with the students
- Review business model
- Re-design a commercialization and fundraising plan from the investors’ view
- Present the ventures to PAVD investors’ panel for real money
- Success rate: 20-30%
Professor Wilton CHAU
Professor Chau has nearly 30 years of experience in venture development, venture capital and angel investment in Asia. He is the Founding Chairman of the Pan Asia Venture Development Platform (PAVD), a platform cooperating with the CUHK MBA Programs to help students develop technology ventures in Asia. He is also an Advisor to the B’ Alliance for Business Accelerators, a venture acceleration program under the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan. Besides, he is a Council member of the Hong Kong Biotechnology Organization, and an Asia Advisor to Hawaii Business Entrepreneurs and Angels Network (HiBEAN).
In addition to his position as Professor of Practice in Entrepreneurship and Associate Director of the MBA Programs in CUHK, he is the Founding Joint CFO of Asia Entrepreneurship Education Alliance that is formed by 24 top universities from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. He is also a member of the Advisory Committee (Business Degree) in the Singapore SIM University, an International Panel Member of Pelita Harapan University (UPH) at Medan, Indonesia, and an External Examiner (BBA entrepreneurship) of Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) in Malaysia. Prof. Chau is also an Editorial Board member of the SAGE Open Publication.