The JD/MBA Programme, is jointly hosted by the CUHK Faculty of Law and Business School. It will equip you with the depth of legal knowledge and business sophistication required in a wide range of leadership roles in Asia.
This is an academically rigorous and professionally enriching programme that leads to the award of both a Juris Doctor (JD) degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in a shorter period than would be required if the degrees were taken consecutively.
Under this integrated programme, up to 12 units of MBA coursework are recognized toward fulfillment of the JD requirements. Similarly, the MBA Programmes recognize up to 12 units of JD coursework toward fulfillment of the MBA requirements. Students admitted into the integrated programme can thus reduce their combined units of study by up to 24.
Part-time Mode: (normally completed in 60 months)
JD required coursework
JD elective coursework
45 units (including 12 units recognized toward the MBA requirement)
MBA core coursework
24 units (including 3 units recognized toward the JD requirement)
MBA elective coursework
9 units (including 9 units recognized toward the JD requirement)
Students can progress in their studies in either of the following ways, subject to the availability of each programme.
- For Part-time MBA component: HK$308,000 for the whole component.
- For JD component: HK$5,600 per unit for a total of 60 units within normative study period.
Applicants must meet rigorous academic, English language proficiency and work experience requirements.
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in a non-law subject or a law degree from a non-common law jurisdiction, normally with honors no lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an Honors programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree in a non-law subject or a law degree from a non-common law jurisdiction, achieving an average grade of no lower than “B” in undergraduate courses; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honors degree.
The validity period for GMAT/GRE score results is 5 years from the test date. Applicants should arrange to send the official scores to the MBA Programmes of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- GMAT Program code for Part-time CUHK MBA is R9H-0W-08;
- GRE DI code for CUHK MBA is 7430.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- possessing a Bachelor’s degree obtained by completing a programme of study in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country, or which was taught primarily in the English Language; or
- having gained a result of Band 7.5 or better in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), obtained no more than two years before the date of applying to the JD/MBA Programme; or
- having gained a result of 600 (Paper Based Test) or 100 (Internet Based Test) or better in the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), obtained no more than two years before the date of applying to the JD/MBA Programme; or
- providing alternative evidence of English proficiency equivalent to one of the preceding measures. PETS scores will not be considered as alternative evidence.
- at least 3 years’ post qualification full-time work experience or recognized professional qualifications.
January 31, 2019
February 28, 2019
April 12, 2019
Applications submitted after April 12, 2019 may be considered, subject to the availability of places.
How to Apply